Saturday, January 17, 2009

♥ Look What I Found!! ♥

Hey, look what I learned to do: ♥! Hahahaha! I just discovered ASCII codes thanks to Joy in the Burbs (and dh Steve for showing me how!). Have you seen those before??

I have used wingdings before, but in the HTML code it looks like <font face="Webdings"> & # 8 9 ; </font>(without the spaces). So in my titles awhile ago while it looked great on my blog, I'm not sure how it would show up on someone else's blog roll. Maybe on this post I'll do a heart and a wingding in the title to see. :-)

So how did I make a heart? Hold down the Alt key (down there by the space bar) and then type the number 3. ♥ Too cool! Love it! Thanks, Joy, for the impetus to learn more! I'm going to learn how to do other cool stuff and add it to my posts for you to see...and I'll give you the instructions how to do it too, because I ♥ You, that's why! :-)

***Added after posting: I just looked at Kate the Great's Blogroll and my wingdings did *not* show up correctly, but the ASCII codes did!! Wahoo! *****

3 comments:

  1. Hey Melody, Glad I could help. I didn't realize I was.

    I will mention if you are using a laptop. The numbers at the top of the keyboard won't work for some reason. But on my desktop I use the number pad on the right of the keyboard.
    Not sure why that is.
    Maybe there is another way for laptop users to do this. If so let me know and I'll help get the word out. We all love ♥♥♥'s


    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is DH writing under Melody's login

    On a laptop (which I am using right now) there is often a number pad that is part of the alphabetic keyboard. On my laptop, a HP Pavillion ze2000, you activate it by holding down the "fn" key and pressing the scroll button. This turns on the numlock and then my 7 8 9, U I O, J K L, and M keys turn into a numpad.

    I can then make the heart doing [alt]-[3] (which is [alt]-[L] ) ♥ then 5f 5 f6rget t6 t4rn 6ff the n4036c2 - 5t 0esses 4* 0y ty*5ng. (that said - then If I forget to turn off my numlock it messes up my typing.)

    There are a lot of characters you can access this way. Here are the first 22 starting with 1:
    1☺
    2☻
    3♥
    4♦
    5♣
    6♠
    7•
    8◘
    9○
    10◙
    11♂
    12♀
    13♪
    14 is a backspace
    15☼
    16 ►
    17◄
    18↕
    19‼
    20¶
    21§
    22▬

    You can find your own - they go up into 3 digits.

    ReplyDelete