Friday, January 23, 2009

An Interview With Coffee Bean

I am feeling much better today. Thanks for the well wishes. It is good to feel loved. ♥

Steve was good to me last night. He poured out love with his words and actions, and I truly appreciate it. He offered to make dinner (no matter that I had already done it, it was the thought that counts!) and took Emily to her church activity (it was one where parents were to attend). He kept thanking me for the little things I do, which is always nice.

And, I'm *choosing* to overlook the grumpuses I encounter and just smile at the next person the same as I normally would instead of letting it get to me. So, today I am feeling much better.

So, I'm up to an interview, I think! Coffee Bean at The Righteous Buzz ask for volunteers to be interviewed, and I volunteered. Today she posted 10 questions that I can choose to answer 5 from. Here are the questions:

Drum roll...

1) What was your favorite toy as a child and if female, did you prefer dolls or stuffed animals?

2) Are you superstitious...ie: #13, cracks in the sidewalk, black cats, walking under ladders, etc.
and in what ways.

3) Do you procrastinate and in what ways?

4) Do some people's mannerisms such as the way they eat or breathe ever bother you and what do you do about it?

5) Who is your favorite actress, actor, singer?

6) What is your favorite movie of all time?

7) What is your greatest fear?

8) What is your greatest accomplishment?

9) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

10) How old are you and how much do you weigh?



So I will answer #s: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9.

#1 What was your favorite toy as a child and if female, did you prefer dolls or stuffed animals?

I loved my toys when I was little! In fact, as a side note, here is a funny story: In kindergarten we had show and tell, and one time I brought a little (like 2 inches high) ...hum, what would I call it? Not an action figure, but kind of like that. He was a little guy dressed like a pirate. He was plastic, but it wasn't hard plastic -- the kind of plastic like Barbie's head is made out of. Anyway, it was passed around the class for everyone to look at, and one little boy who loved to torment me squished his head! The nerve! So I snatched it away and told him that he shouldn't hurt him like that! And I looked at my little guy's head for the damage...and he had a BRUISE! I told the boy so, and he told me that it wasn't real so it couldn't bruise. *I* told him that yes it could too!

Yeah I was kind of crazy for my toys and loved them like they were real.

My all time favorite toy though??? Okay, I'll have to say my tricycle. It was bigger than my cousins', and since I was the youngest of my siblings and of my cousins, I always got the littlest of everything...except my trike! I felt so big, like a king on his throne, when I rode on it. It was tall, and my cousins' was short, so I loomed above them.



#3 Do you procrastinate and in what ways?
Yes. When I get overwhelmed with a project I'd rather clean public toilets with a toothbrush than do the dreaded task.

#5 Who is your favorite actress, actor, singer? Just one???? Can I cheat a bit and do my favorite by my ages & stages?

Like when I was about 10 I loved Ricky Schroder! I thought he was soooo cute!

Then when I was about 13 I thought Christopher Atkins was a total fox!

I would have loved to have been deserted with him on an island too!

When I was about 16 I thought Tom Cruise was bitchin'! That one didn't go away for several years!

Then when I was about 21 I thought Mel Gibson and Kevin Cosner were incredibly good looking!

Then I discovered Sean Connery. I thought I was getting old at 24 when I thought he was handsome.

At 26 I started noticing actresses too! Like Katherine Hepburn and her amazingly feisty characters. Audrey Hepburn and her looks of innocence even as a street wise flower girl. Grace Kelly and her graceful nature and beauty.

THOSE are amazing women!

Of course I still noticed men. Carey Grant and all of his great movies. There have only been a few of his that I haven't liked. Truth be told, though, I haven't always loved his characters. Chauvinism was "in" then, though. Clark Gable, again a chauvinist, but man he was gorgeous, wasn't he?

Those continue to be my favorite "classic" actors & actresses. But my favorite contemporaries are Sandra Bullock and Keenu Reeves. Put them together, like in Lake House and the movie becomes amazing! I really don't know what they are like in "real life", but the movie characters they play are my favs!

Favorite singers? Just look at my playlists! :-)


6) What is your favorite movie of all time? Again, just one???? It's like potato chips, you can't just have one!

For classics: I love Carey Grant movies, my favorite being Philadelphia Story. But with Carey Grant, Katherine Hepburn, and Jimmy Stewart how could the movie go wrong?! I also love Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life.


I love musicals. My all time favorite would be My Fair Lady...OH! Or Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Both are excellent!

Romances? Too many to narrow down to one! I am a romance nut! I read romances in elementary school. Did anyone else read Wildfire romances?
They are little innocent romances. I collected them. As for movies: Somewhere in Time, A Walk in the Clouds, and The Lakehouse.

As a kid I loved the Superman movies with Christopher Reeves. He was so handsome and strong!


Comedies? Princess Bride (now THERE is a classic! Who *doesn't* love that show?) and My Big Fat Greek Wedding (I just watched this one yet again. "What do you mean he don't eat no meat? That's okay, I'll make lamb.").

Action/Adventure: Live Free or Die Hard (that is an awesome movie!!) and Eagle Eye.


#9 Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Let's see. In 5 years my kids will be: 23, 21, 20, 17, 14, & 12. I'll be 44.

I think I'll have at least one grandbaby. I hope to be the perfect Grandma. I'd like to have a degree in something. I'd like to be running a preschool in my home or doing more webwork. I'd like to have no debt but my mortgage. I hope to be kinder and more charitable. I want to be a master gardener and quilting genius. I want to be canning/bottling lots more than I do now. You know, just a better me!

This was fun, thanks Coffee Bean!

If any of you would like your own "interview" where I ask you questions and you answer on your blog, tell me so in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. LOVED your answers!!! How fun! Hopefully, some more will let me know they've answered theirs and I'll link to y'all tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...Ricky Schroeder and Blue Lagoon....my favorites!!! I was so in love with Ricky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Blue Lagoon! And I started reading romances in elementary school too. Then I married the most unromantic man in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I came over from Coffee Bean's blog to see how you answered your questions. Your answers are wonderful! You either have an incredibly fast brain, or you spent a good part of the day answering. Great job!

    I'm a newby. Can you tell me how to turn a word into a link back to Coffee Bean, or another location?
    I've never done it, and it would be great to reference another's blog when I write something, enabling the reader to click on that blog, rather than just trying to remember the blog name, or writing down on one's arm....

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete