Wednesday, January 14, 2009

An Award!


Betty at Keeper of the Skies Wife gave me this award this morning. I can't even begin to tell you how much this award touches my heart. Thank you Betty, for choosing to give it to me!

I can choose 3 people to receive this award. That is a hard job when you read as great of blogs as I do! So I decided to give this blog award to those whose posts inspire me. Okay, one glitch: you all inspire me! There are parts of all of you that I wish I could incorporate into myself to make me a better person.

I really love getting awards, but I hate to not be able to give one to all of you! You all rock!

But, since there are only 3 awards to give, I have decided to give the awards to: Christy at Farm Dreams, Anita at Bloomin' Workshop, and Angie at Children in the Corn.

Christy has had dreams of owning a farm for a few years, and this year that dream was realized! She now has a beautiful house on a few acres with her nearest neighbors being cows. I love seeing her settle in and get some chickens and a coop, see pictures of her beautiful home and land, and read the stories about being a new farm owner. Now THAT inspires me!

I got inspiration from Angie from Children in the Corn this year as she demonstrated self-sufficiency. Take a look at her sidebar! Well, she took down 2008's Homestead Harvest, but let me tell you that it was INCREDIBLE! I'm sure I'll be even more impressed with the 2009's Homestead Harvest numbers. She and her family live the life that I only dream of, so I love living the homestead life vicariously through her blog.

Last (I wish that it wasn't last and I could go on and on!) is Anita from Bloomin' Workshop. Anita is an amazing quilter and photographer. I first found Anita as I was planning Josh's patchwork quilt. I looked for ideas on a doll quilt swap and found a patchwork quilt that I loved...it was hers! So I followed the trail to her blog and have been following it ever since. I think my favorite part of her blog was her Advent posts. She posted this great collage of pics (which I loved!) at the end of the year. But these pics and this snowy night looking out the window from the warm living room and beautiful Christmas tree were my favorite pictures of all!

Thank you ladies, for having wonderful blogs that help me to grow and show me that the life I want to live really *is* attainable! I really enjoy reading your posts every day.

And for all of the rest of you, thank you for having great blogs where I can go and learn new things and be a part of your lives, too. I value all of your friendships!

And for those who comment, Thank you, Thank you , Thank you! You don't know how much it means to me to have your love, friendship, and encouragement. In fact, I have made an award especially for all of you! I value those who comment on my blog SO MUCH! I looked for an already existing award and couldn't find one, so I made this one:


(use this one on your sidebar: )

If you have ever commented on my blog, please, take this with my warmest regards. If you haven't ever commented here, but you'd like the award, simply leave me a comment today!

This is an award that I value giving above all others, because who doesn't like to hear from people when they've shared something or have encouragement given on trying days? Exactly! So feel free to use it as you wish, too! Great blogs are wonderful to read, but they would be nothing without someone to read them! Thanks for reading mine. <3

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh! Thank you so much. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....I will have to post this soon and share it!!! Thank you!!

    Oh and you know I love your blog!!!

    I thought of you today at work when one of the students were having a really rough day(hitting, throwing a huge fit) I prayed for you on the spot and asked God to bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy - You are welcome! :-)

    Betty - Thanks for thinking of me and praying for me. That is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww....thank you Merrie, that is really something special. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete