Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Kate the Great from Dear Goodness tagged be yesterday with a Christmas Tag:
1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags Wrapping Paper - I'm gift bag impaired! I can't ever get those things to look cute and hide what is inside.
2. Real Tree or Artificial Artificial - no sap, no pine needles, no worry of fire. But I do miss the Real Tree smell. :-(
3. When do you put up the tree I'd love to be able to say that I am organized enough to have a set day, but.... it is whenever I get around to it. In past years I grouch at the kids about leaving the tree alone until it is finished, so I have put off setting up the tree until I am in a really good mood. This year I just braced myself and let them help. Progress! (and they're older)
4. When do you take the tree down After New Year's
5. Do you like eggnog I love eggnog, but it makes me sick. I am going to ask Amber to make some homemade eggnog and see if I can drink that, though. She & Josh are our family eggnog makers.
6. Favorite gift received as a child Probably my Inchworm Riding Toy. They are making a comeback!
7. Hardest person to buy for This changes from year to year. There is always one child who is in an in-between stage, and even they don't know what they want for Christmas. As a side note, Emily has outgrown dolls. I am so sad that my last girl has outgrown dolls. It is a change for me that I'm not ready for.
8. Easiest person to buy for Michael. If it makes music, he is happy with it!
9. Do you have a nativity scene Yes, I have one full nativity and two of the Holy Family. I'd love to get a stable for the nativity, though.
10. Mail or Email Christmas Cards Mail. I like to send a Christmas collage pic in it so that family can see our family doing real life "stuff".
11. Worst Christmas Gift you Ever Received I don't remember.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie I'm not sure. I love them all! Holiday Inn was a new favorite this year. And I just watched The Christmas Card for the first time last night; I have every intention of buying that one! It is a romance, and I am a sucker for a good romance! I love Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life, too.
13. When do you Start Shopping for Christmas Officially? The Day after Thanksgiving. I love, love, love the prices! BUT, it has to be something that is really wanted for me to get up at 5:00 a.m.!
14. Have you Ever Recycled a Christmas Present Yes. The year Michael was born we were beyond broke. We took toys that hadn't been played with for a long time and had been in boxes since our last move and gave them to the age appropriate child. Many family members and our church supplemented with more Christmas presents than we knew what to do with! And the recycled toys were loved again, too.
15. Favorite Thing to Eat at Christmas "Bars". My mom made these the whole time I was growing up. You probably know them by some other name. They have a graham cracker crust, with a layer of coconut, walnuts, chocolate chips, and condensed milk poured over the top. I'll post a recipe for them. They are YUMMY!
16. Lights on the Tree Yes, colored.
17. Favorite Christmas Song I love them all!
18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home Stay home, always. I am such a home-body!
19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer yep!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star Star
21. Open Presents on Christmas Eve or Morning in the morning
22. Most Annoying Thing About this Time of Year Shopping crowds. Money stresses.
23. Favorite Ornament Theme or Color My only theme is "cute". I love colored lights with all of the colors, and everything Christmas-y.
24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner I don't really have one. My growing up family tradition was turkey, and I've done that, but I've also done ham. This year, I think I'm doing a pot roast.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year World Peace. Or a cute pair of jeans. I shouldn't be so flippant. I really do want world peace. I yearn for it. But it is out of my control, so wrap up a pair of jeans for me and I'll call it good.
26. Favorite Christmas Memory I have too many to narrow it down to just one. Doing the Twelve Days of Christmas for loved ones. Traveling & seeing the lights on Temple Square in Salt Lake. When I was a little girl we drove to my grandma's house after dark when I could see the stars and everything was *so* dark; I shared my HubbaBubba Bubble Gum that I got in my stocking with cousins every year. Watching the lights on the Christmas tree blink on and off with the lights turned off.
I tag....all of you!!! I'm looking forward to reading your answers, so let me know when you post it!