Friday, July 22, 2011

This Moment - July 22

I'm sorry that I haven't been here for awhile. Life happened.

On Sunday, I got a call from the nursing home saying that they were sending my mom to the hospital. The next day, Monday, was Josh and Karen's anniversary; we watched Aiden while they celebrated. Then, Tuesday was Michael's birthday. Wednesday, my family had a meeting to discuss my mom's precarious medical condition. Thursday was my camera class. And here we are to Friday. I feel like I've blinked and the week is gone.

For "This Moment", there isn't just one single image from the week that I want to remember; there are two:

Happy Birthday, dear Michael!


She is just so sleepy.


When I'm feeling up to it, I'll fill you in on my mom's condition. For now, I'll just say that she isn't doing very well.

This next week's photo assignment is motion: freeze action and showing motion. Through the week I'll show you my successes. I've had this assignment once before in my beginning photography class. Here is the link to those pics.

Last night, my instructor told us that panning may be too difficult, so perhaps we should stay with photographing water since it is easier to capture; no one told me that in the beginning class, so I didn't know I shouldn't be able to succeed. Now that I know, I am very proud of my first attempt at panning, so much so that I'll share the pic again:



Maybe the moral of the story is 1) to not tell someone that something is too difficult for them and 2) to not believe someone when they say that you can't do it. Like the theme song from "Arthur" says, "Believe in Yourself".

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I think panning's hard! :)

    I'm sorry about your mama, Melody... I'm seeding loving blessings to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panning certainly is very tricky! I'm still working on "The Perfect One" though. :)

    Thank you, Stephanie. We need all of the blessings we can get.

    ReplyDelete