Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Musings


Steve got the pics that I ordered from Heritage Makers for my Etsy.com shop back from the press today. The are BEAUTIFUL! if I do say so myself. :) I'm thinking of opening the shop next Monday. So exciting!

I had two versions of the horse printed, the square 8x8 version in a print and canvas, and an 11x14 print.






The lady who brought Steve the pics said that she really liked the horse pic. He doesn't remember her exact words (dangit!) but I love that she liked it.

Ryan, who himself is a photographer and hands out compliments very carefully, said that the cattle guard/fence/lake pic (I really need to name this one! :) was "Nice". So there you have it! :)



And I got an 8x8 print made of the canvas that I already have available. It is a favorite of mine that I've shared before:



I wanted to have it available at the same time as the canvas, for someone who loved the scene but didn't want a canvas. It turned out beautifully!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yesterday, I went to a family birthday party. It was a lot of fun! (I'd show a pic of the pretty birthday girl, but I try to avoid putting other people's kids on my blog - privacy stuff, you know :) I ended up with a really great pic of Amber and Tino while I was taking snapshots of the party. I have to share it with you:



They really are just so cute!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Yesterday morning we woke up to SNOW! Blech! Blah! Yuck! I was thrilled to see that Matt had made a snowman, though. I knew the snow would melt off during the day, so I got a little guilty pleasure about holding some of the snow hostage since it had ruined my Warm Spring Day. Poor thing started melting though; he leaned too far forward, his nose stuck into his base, and his head plopped onto the ground. Such a sad way for Frosty to die. :(



Good thing the daffodils don't mind the snow much. They'll stick around even with the inclimate weather. I hope that the apricot blossoms fare as well. :/



How is your weather? Nice & warm? Snowy? Hot? However it is, I hope that you are loving it!!

1 comment: