Friday, November 20, 2009

A Re-run

SouleMama has a "Friday from the Archives" thing going for her, so I looked back on my posts last year for an entertaining one to share. This is the one I found. Background: Steve & I had gone to Park City, Utah for our anniversary and roamed around the shops and musuems.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


My favorite shop (other than the art galleries) had hilarious door mats and plaques.
Here are just a few:

I take life with a grain of salt, a wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Go braless . . . It'll pull the wrinkles out of your face!

We've been through a lot together . . . and most of it was your fault!

My husband and I have different religions. He thinks he's God, and I don't!

Friends are like thighs, always sticking together.

I smile cause your my sister. I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it!

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!

You'll always be my best friend . . . You know too much.

Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden.

Around here, "normal" is just a setting on the dryer.

The mats were funny too. I only remember a couple, but one simply says, "Hi! My name is Mat."

And,

"I love my vacuum.
I've found God.
I gave at the office."

We visited a lot of art galleries. I am amazed at the talent those people have! Here are some of their websites, so you can look at the some of the art without even leaving your home:

West Light Images www.westlight.net

Stanfield Fine Art www.stanfieldfineart.com You'll have to keep reminding yourself that these are paintings, not photos!

Hope Gallery, Inc. www.hopegallery.com

Scanlan Windows to the World www.scanlan.com It is too bad that they didn't post the description of the picture on their website; it is as much art as the photos themselves.

There are beautiful, beautiful pictures at those sites, so I hope you get a chance to look.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


BTW, I edited it. I didn't retell the entire post, like the part about the CT scan I'd had. If you want to see the full post, you can read it here.

I plan on having an absolutely wonderful weekend, and I hope you do too! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I like that you are planning on having a wonderful weekend! LOL!

    I love the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!! Thats one of my favorite of all times! :)

    ReplyDelete