Friday, September 4, 2009

My First Log Cabin Quilt


I do want to talk about my take on that article from yesterday, but for today I really really want to show you the quilt top to my baby-sized quilt that I finished this afternoon!



Since you can't really back up to see the design of lights and darks, I'll pull the quilt back a bit for you:



It is my first log cabin quilt and my second attempt at piecing a quilt together at all. I'm excited how it turned out, but I can see all of my faux pas. Hopefully others will just think that I *meant* to do things that way. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. That looks great. Just beautiful Love the colors. I've started a quilt, but never finished.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, this is just beautiful. You put so much love into it and it shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty!!
    I love the colors, too.
    So warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete