Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Resolutions to Live By


Ahhh, I finally get to sit and relax for a minute.

I have set a goal to work until 2:00 every day and not get on the computer or blog before then. I have found that I have been wasting time, I'm afraid, and it has become a bad habit.

BUT, I am feeling like the queen of homemaking today. I actually made breakfast today! Yep, you heard me right: breakfast. That one meal a day that since January I have *not* made because I started a diet that has me just eat fruit until noon. I did *not* eat any of those vile carbs found in the oatmeal, toast, and fried potatoes that like to stick to my body so well. I instead ate a banana. And I was perfectly satisfied with them..I ate 2.

AND! While Emily & Matt washed the breakfast dishes, I made 4 loaves of bread! After Amber swept and mopped the floor, we (Amber & I) went out and picked some zucchini to shred and freeze for winter. We froze 16 cups full of zucchini. We will have zucchini bread throughout the winter months!



Yes! I *can* be a productive homemaker! And I do have wonderful assistants!

I have also made it a goal that while the produce is coming on, I'll put up something for winter every day. Today the apricots are a couple of days away from being ripe, and though my tomato plants are loaded, they are also all green. So far, we have only put up zucchini in its various forms.

I have had a few cucumbers and ripe tomatoes that we have eaten in salad. Homegrown produce is so delicious!

I am now going to go watch 7th Heaven for a bit, and maybe even take a well deserved nap.

Have a good one!

P.S. See the time that it says that I posted?? I did *not* post at 2:05! Blogger must have its time set by Pacific time. Here I tell you that I'm not getting on the computer until 2:00, and then blogger makes it look like I did! It's slander, I tell you! Okay, I'm done whining. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love freezing shredded zuccini. I'm very sad that I can't freeze any this year since we will be moving sometime. I don't want a bunch of frozen stuff to content with. But I'm going to miss the zuccini so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could shred and freeze just a bit and then make sure it is all used up by the time you move. That way, even if you don't move 'til next spring you can at least have some delicious slices of warm zucchini bread in the winter. =)

    ReplyDelete