Monday, August 4, 2008

Cool Weather Crops



I'm onto Stage II of my garden. I went to a local nursery and bought some cool weather crop transplants. I have to admit that I have never grown cabbage, caulifower, or broccoli successfully, AND I have never had a fall garden, so I am more than a little nervous. But I guess all I will be out if it doesn't grow is $13, and I will have prepared a couple more 4' x 4' square to use next year anyway.

If it does turn out, I'll have bags of brocolli and cauliflower in my freezer, and enough salad fixin's to get me through the fall!

Here's hopin'!

(P.S. Did you see the camera happy chuck hog??)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments on fall crops. Have they started to grow yet, it's late Sept.?
    Also, how did you get such a high placement in the search engine? I need that for my blog page.

    ReplyDelete