Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday::Sept 20

I'm finding I'm missing homeschooling. I've got Mike, and that's good, but not the same. I miss looking for the best books whether texts or workbooks, teaching concepts, assigning reading books and listening to them talk about what we're learning together.

I would love to go back to school and get my teaching license. I don't know that right now is the right season for it... but I look forward to it when it can happen.

Today was a bill paying day. We had more money left over than I thought we would, which means that we need to budget instead of flying by the seat of our pants, and maybe even sticking some away for a rainy day.

Also today, I went out and harvested all of the Walla Walla Onions I planted last spring. Some are big and some are small, and I'm pleased and happy for every one of them.

I chose Walla Walla's because they were my mom's favorite. Sometimes it is nice choosing her favorites to have because it makes me feel closer to her. Every once in a while I get her favorite candy bar too: A Bing Cherry candy. They are not my favorite, but I eat one every few months just to feel a little more connected to her. Isn't it funny the things that we do? And really, I wouldn't have it any other way!

Steve & our mechanic got our car up and running again. Steve started by buying a part off of Amazon.com with some credits that he had there; the part ended up costing us $4 out of pocket. You just can't beat that! And then our mechanic checked the check engine light codes and replaced a connector. Now, the car is running smoothly again. Yay!!

There have been no more incidents with Michael's tube and I am sooooo glad about that!!

I'm craving warmer, more substantial food now that fall is coming on. I need to write out a menu, buy the ingredients, and start cooking again I think. Even if I just 1/2 the amount I usually make since I have picky picky children. *I* need homemade food. Perhaps Steve & Bill will appreciate it even if no one else does.

I should take a picture of my onions and show them off :)

Anyway, have a wonderful day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment