Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday - December 17th


Today was a crazy great day. So much to be thankful for!

1) I am feeling better! Not 100% yet, but lots better than the past few days. There was a close call for a minute when I thought I had yet another type of infection, but it was just a fluke.

2) That Steve can fix just about anything! Today I heard water running. I sent Jared outside to see if frozen outdoor pipes had thawed and had water running, meanwhile I went upstairs to see if the drippy tub faucet was worse. Instead, I heard water pouring in the basement, which was no good seeing as how we have no water taps down there.

The water heater's faucet had broken off, water was spraying, and there was at least 3" of water on the floor. Jared had enough sense to turn off the water to the outside (thank heavens Steve had taught all of the kids where the turn-off spot was!) I immediately called Steve and ask him to PLEASE! come home... for the third time this week. I bet his boss is so sick of 1) me being sick and needing him to pick up the kids on Monday and Tuesday and 2) me having problems I can't solve. (Trust me when I say that he works *a lot!* at home - many hours of overtime, so he makes up for it... but still.)

He ran back and forth between the water heater and the hardware store for 3 1/2 hours straight (buying a new faucet, parts to clean the left over plastic faucet off of the threading, and eventually the part to ream new threads all together) but we have a fixed water heater minus plumber's fees! My husband rocks!

3) Taco Time. Tacos and burritos make my world go round! And thank heavens someone else can make dinner for me when I have no water to use for food prep or hand washing!

4) That I could sit and talk to my dad on the phone for an hour this afternoon. Very nice to talk to him for such a long time! I'm glad that he is in good health and good spirits.

5) For the next day and a half day of school that are full of class parties and movies that my kids don't mind opting out of and staying home with me instead.

6) For finally getting around to getting rid of a few pairs of shoes that will fit my neighbor's little girl that were just taking up space at my house.

7) That the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series has at least 10 books in the series and I'm only on book 7! Seriously love these fun, fun books!

8) That I found a new photo blog that gives helpful hints and tricks.

9) For all of you sharing your Christmas excitement, projects, and daily "stuff" to lighten my mood.

10) For all of you who leave comments (or call me on the phone and talk to me about something you just read on my blog :) to let me know that someone is actually reading this stuff and I'm not just talking to myself. ;-) Today is my 2 year blog-iversary!! Thanks for making it a great 2 years! <3

Falalala lalalala!

2 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary - you couldn't have picked a better date :)

    I'm so happy to hear that Steve was able to take care of your plumbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better. And I had to laugh about the Taco Time...that's what we had Wednesday because it was such a crazy day. I am thankful for Taco Time as well. :)

    ReplyDelete