Are you ready for a Meme?
This one is tricky...25 things?! The sheer number of things to come up with is overwhelming, isn't it?! I'm changing it a bit and titling it:
The 25 Things I ♥ Meme
1. Let's start with this one: I ♥ these bumble bees! Be Different...Act Normal is having major giveaways. The bumble bees are what I love. So, by pointing you in her direction, I get to add one more comment in the drawing! Wish me luck, because....
2. This is what I'll do with those bumble bees: I will put them on a wall with this poem:
A bee sat on my nose.
Then what do you think?
He gave me a wink
And said,”I beg your pardon,
I thought you were the garden.”
Too cute, huh?!
3. I love avacados. I do! Sprinkle generously with Redmond's Organic Natural Garlic Salt and it is heavenly.
4. I have really dry skin in the winter. I have hands that crack and bleed. BUT! This winter I have taken *good* cod liver oil (not the garbage at the grocery stores) and my hands have been soft and smooth! Never! has this happened in the last 6 years since I moved to the dry climate in Utah.
5. I love Vitamin B. When I am feeling out of control I take my vitamin B and it makes me feel much better. Standard Process has good vitamin B.
6. I love "warm" smelling shampoo and conditioner in the winter. My favorite is Suave's Vanilla Floral shampoo and conditioner, because I'm all about cheap! And I love the smell!
7. My very favorite soap is Oil of Olay with shea butter. Just regular bar soap. It is wonderful for dry skin!
8. My all time favorite hair spray is the Aussie aerosol. Sorry about that. I know it isn't great for the ozone, but it is terrific for my hair. It is the biggest "un-green" thing I do. The pump hairspray leaves my hair crunchy, but the aerosol has great hold without the sticky hairspray feeling.
9. I love coffee mugs. The bigger ones. With cute pictures. Each member of my family has their own mug with its own design. It is how we tell our cups apart and I don't spend my day washing hundreds of cups!
10. I love Redmond Real Salt. I love that it is *real* salt. Real Salt also sells: Garlic Salt, Onion Salt, and Seasoning Salt. ♥ it!
11. I love good smelling dish detergent. It is why I buy the detergent I do. Hey, if I have to wash loads of dishes to clean up after my family of 8, I want to enjoy it!
12. I love Young Living Farms and their essential oils! Steve signed us up as resellers/representatives last year, but we haven't done much with it yet. But we buy our own stuff. And I LOVE Lavendar Days! I am so excited for it! I love the wagon rides around the fields of herbs...the smell is wonderful and relaxing. Only five more months!
13. I love getting my hair cut! And I love that Merrilee cuts my hair with such skill. I never have to worry about her cutting it wrong, so I can just relax and visit with her. I found her about 5 years ago and have always been pleased with her cuts.
14. I love good books! I am half-way through The Long Winter after starting it last night. If I could choose one book for everyone to read, it would be this one by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
15. I love art. I can get lost for hours in art museums!
16. I love to write poetry, but I'm shy about sharing it. Steve is about the only person who has read most of what I have written.
17. I love to draw. I'd love to learn to paint better. And if I could simply master lighting I would be so happy!
18. I love to take pictures. Photography has always been something I've been interested in.
19. I love to eat good food. This one should be separated in half: "healthy food that tastes wonderful and makes me feel great" and "non-healthy but tastes fabulous" food. My favorite treat is "bars". Here is the recipe:
2 sticks melted butter
3 cups graham crackers
Mix together and pat onto the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan.
Put the following layer on top (in order):
2 cups coconut
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Let cool completely. Try not to devour. ;-)
20. I ♥ Patchwork!
21. Tide Detergent! Stains are rarely left behind when I use this miracle worker!
22. I love Better Homes & Gardens "Dream Gardens" Calendars! If I can't have a dream garden of my own at least I can enjoy the pic in my kitchen!
23. Girl Scout Cookies! Be Different...Act Normal has recipes! Hello, Thin Mints! There goes the diet....
24. I ♥ my favorite tv shows! Smallville & Chuck are my absolute favs! House is alright, but man he gets on my nerves! I also love oldies: Cosby Show, Mad About You, Andy Griffith, Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island....
25. I love to laugh. I love to be silly. I am one of those people who laugh at their own jokes. And sometimes....I snort. Laughter really *is* the best medicine!!
If you'd like to do this Meme, let me know when you post it, okay? You can make up 25 of anything: stuff you love, random things about you, favorite Christmas presents you've ever gotten....whatever. Have fun!