Saturday, November 1, 2008
Another Quiz - Who are you?
As I read Eternal Sunshine's post yesterday entitled "Who am I", I decided to take the quiz too. It only asks 2 questions - each has 3 answers that you have to thoughtfully answer. I was pretty impressed with the answer, though, because it got "me" right. I showed Steve the results, and he agreed that yep, that was me alright.
I was told I am "Bette Davis" and as my real-life friends read my results they'll probably agree that the results are strangely accurate!
You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
· * Stand up for yourself... and me.
· * Be confident, strong, and direct.
· * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
· * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
· * Give me space to be alone.
· * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
· * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
· * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
What I Like About Being a Bette
· * being independent and self-reliant
· * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
· * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
· * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
· * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
· * upholding just causes
What's Hard About Being a Bette
· * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
· * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
· * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
· * never forgetting injuries or injustices
· * putting too much pressure on myself
· * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right
Bettes as Children Often
· * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
· * are sometimes loners
· * seize control so they won't be controlled
· * figure out others' weaknesses
· * attack verbally or physically when provoked
· * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings
Bettes as Parents
· * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
· * are sometimes overprotective
· * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid
So go take a look at the "Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz". It is pretty entertaining and insightful! And then come back and tell me who you are.
Have a great weekend!