Friday, April 11, 2008

Cute Chicks

I got some Rhode Island Red and Golden Sex Link chicks today!


It has been difficult to find pullets this year. I think I told you that I put in an order from McMurray Hatchery a few weeks ago, but that no Rhode Islands, New Hampshires, or Golden Sex Links were available until the middle of May. I had really wanted to get some though, so I searched around and found that only one IFA store is carrying standard hen chicks (pullets). One store is carrying ornamental birds that are also decent layers and another is carrying only straight run chicks (could be female or male). So on Wednesday and Thursday I went to the store only to find out that the chicks hadn't arrived yet. BUT I CALLED THIS MORNING AND THEY WERE FINALLY THERE! So my friend April and I hustled to Provo with the kids and got 10 chicks; five are for me and the other five are for Jared. (Jared told me that it is tradition that I buy him chicks for his birthday; he loves to raise and sell his chicks. )

No comments:

Post a Comment