Saturday, January 28, 2012

Random musings of photography and preschool

I've realized I've moved on from the anger part of the grief process. On to depression. Isn't the mental/emotional healing process awesome?!

I'm trying to be proactive, so that I don't slip into a despair like I did a few years ago when grieving my mom's ill health that put her in the nursing home for good. I'm trying to listen to cues from my body, telling me what it needs and trying to be patient and understanding with myself.

Photography and exercise seem to be good stress reliefs. I wish it was warmer/dryer, so that photography outdoors seemed fun instead of putting it off because of comfort.

I am trying to decide prices and packages for portraits; come spring, I'd really like to start with photography as a business. I finally think I'm ready for it.

I'm also toying with the idea of starting a preschool in my home come fall/schooltime. In high school, I worked in the early childhood education program from the summer of my sophmore year through my senior year, and then I went on to work as a preschool teacher in a commercial daycare. Those little 3 and 4 year olds are where my heart is.

Today, Jared, Matt, and Steve have gone to get hay for the goats, Emily and Steve are sick today, we have Aiden today and tomorrow and he is down for a nap for a moment, Michael is just hanging out, and I am antsy wishing for warmer weather.

Seems like a great day for baking and cooking... I wish Amber was around to help me do it!

Anyhow, I hope that you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I would drive from Mapleton to bring Timothy if you started a preschool! I think that is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks Carlie! I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen Yes Man, where the girl has a morning jogging/photography class? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right, I'd forgotten about that! LOL! I could combine exercise and photography into one event!

    ReplyDelete