Thursday, January 19, 2012

Days of Pondering::January 19

The past couple of days have been "reflecting days" full of moments just pondering.

Husbands have been one of the topics. And again, I come away thankful that I have mine. How he manages to do what he does and make me feel the center of his world (most of the time - he has to have balance ;) is an amazing thing to me.

Routines/Schedules. Not merely day to day, but seasonally. This is a new thought for me. I have day to day routine that I love to do, and I schedule around those things, adding in important things that might get missed if I didn't make a conscious effort. I'm realizing that I have my yearly routines too. For instance: I haven't been wanting to photograph "stuff" as much right now. What I'd *really* like to be doing is quilting. So perhaps I'll have to be aware that there is a natural rhythm to my hobbies.

I've also, in my past couple of days of pondering, thought on the fact that during different seasons I am drawn to different colors. Some colors always stay the same: green: always! light yellow: always! Red is a color I am attracted to in the middle of winter, and as my mind mulled this over I realize it is a balance thing. In the middle of winter, there are many greys, blues, whites: water/metal colors. Red is a fire color. It is all about balance.

Good things are happening in our lives. Things that make us take a look at where we are, where we could be, and where we want to be. Finding that most of the time we are where we want to be has made me feel more content.

Another thought that has occurred to me is that I want to start noticing repetitive patterns in more and photographing them. I was taking a look at this website and loved the patterns. I don't see things in repetition like this; okay, I see them, but I don't see them to notice them. I really enjoyed the photos and am interesting in gaining new sight.

Oh, very, very good news! I have lost 5 pounds in the past 5 days! I need to lose a couple more to get back to my "never-go-above-this-weight" weight, but I'm well on my way. I didn't get here by starving or really "doing" much. I just filled my plate at the beginning of the meal with the portions that I used to eat (as compared to Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year portions. Who was the dufus that came up with the "eat yourself silly" season, anyway?! I wish we could spread those holidays out a tad, so that it was easier to keep a handle on my weight.) So instead of eating my sandwich and then seeing Michael has left half of his and eating it too, I ate my one and put Michael's in a baggie in the fridge for another meal or snacktime for him. I had originally tried to go w/o chocolate ... it is my comfort and I needed to be comforted while I was going without my bigger portion since I was feeling denied, so I decided to allot myself a certain number of Hershey's Kisses a day and no more. It has worked! :D

Today I'm going to clear off my sewing center and set about to sew soon (I'm feeling so alliterative! ;) Take care and have a terrific day!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed the word you used several times was "balance," and I do think that is often the key to happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete