Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our Week (Sept. 6-12)


This week:

my mom was in the hospital from Sunday thru Wednesday and then...
she moved nursing homes (she hasn't decided that she likes the change though. pray for us, okay?)

Matt's team won both of their soccer games

Matt got some Webelos activity badges at pack night

my cargo trailer sold even before we put it on craigslist :)


Other than that we just lived normally... as normally one can when their mother's stuff fills up their living room and the stuff from the cargo trailer is in the driveway.

We made lots of no bake cookies, and not enough bread... I need to work on that this coming week! (baking more bread, not making less cookies! :)

We worked in the yard this Saturday, and we got bicycles in working order again.

I have a big pile of stuff to donate. I need to call and schedule a driver to pick up the stuff. I love that place!!

Michael had a seizure yesterday. It was the first one since the one back in March that we took him to the ER and the neurologist for. We gave him the medicine prescribed (valium) and he slept through it. I have a SAT monitor (to monitor blood/oxygen levels) from when he was a baby and needed oxygen 24/7) and an oxygen concentrator, so I hooked him up. His SATS were a little low (about 85-88) so I put a nasal canula on him and hooked him up to the oxygen. It took about 2 hours before he could hold his own with just room air, but his heart rate stayed low and he was able to just sleep through it. Michael doesn't have typical seizures: he can walk and talk during them, but they scare him silly. He has yelled, "I'm gonna die!" before, which really freaked me out. Sleeping through it seemed to work well, so we'll do that again next time. Tomorrow I have to call and report about his seizure to the neurologist so that they can update his file and add the response to the medication.

Other than that, not much has happened. Hahahaha! Looking over the week and then seeing myself type "not much has happened" was ironic. Maybe since these are my typical weeks lately, it explains why I feel the need for a vacation every evening.

I hope that everything is going well for you!

3 comments:

  1. "Other than that not much has happened..." roflol. ;) You were a busy mama/wife/daughter this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all need a vacation from everyday life . . . someday. Hope Michael is doing ok now. I can't imagine how stressful it must be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, goodness. That's a lotta tado, Melody.
    Praying for you and yours... hoping all the transitions are easy ones.

    "sleeping through it" sounds like a very good idea!

    xxoo Steph

    ReplyDelete