So today the doctor's office called to give me the results of the CBC. Normal white blood cell count can be from 4-10...mine was 4?!
Amber and Steve have the same symptoms I do, and they were both exposed, though for a shorter time, to the toxins in the basement. So what does that mean?
I guess it could be stress related, except the fact that Amber has many of the same symptoms I do and I don't think she would be suffering from the stress that I'm feeling from the wedding, my kids' health issues,, and feeling overwhelmed with the emotional aspects of my mom's stuff being ruined. Steve, too, has been sick with many of the same symptoms as the two of us have. If it was just him and me I might be convinced it is stress, but add Amber into the equation and it no longer makes sense.
The PA told me that she didn't think that mold would elevate the white blood cell count unless it was creating a bacterial infection such as with pneumonia, so maybe I'm back to square one and should be concerned about the toxic environment that the three of us were in. I need answers.
P.S. I have been reading articles to try to find some answers and found this one at ehow.com. Maybe lingering effects are common?
P.S.S. Another informative site.