Tuesday, March 24, 2015

John 9:35-38

John 9:35-38 (New Living Translation (NLT)) (After Jesus had healed the blind man, and the Jews had cast the blind man out after questioning him about who had healed his blindness)

35 When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”

36 The man answered, “Who is he, sir? I want to believe in him.”

37 “You have seen him,” Jesus said, “and he is speaking to you!”

38 “Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said. And he worshiped Jesus.

Different scriptures affect people differently. The kind of faith like the blind man had is the kind of faith that I strive for: I may be told that TRUTH looks one way, but when it comes looking differently than I expected, I recognize it for what it is, because I'm feeling (and discerning) with my heart and spirit. The Jews, though they had physical sight, were blind to who Jesus was.

My hope is that I can always have faith and discernment like that. The Jews entirely missed the Messiah that they had been waiting and watching for because he wasn't who they expected him to be. I hope that my heart will always be sensitive enough to hear and know the Lord.
♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment