Friday, March 6, 2015

Forward Day by Day::March 6

The Episcopalians have a little booklet called, "Forward Day by Day". A new one comes out each season. Today I took a long look at the February, March, April 2015 booklet, and the message / prayer on the opening page really touched my heart this morning:
I will try this day to live a simple, sincere, and serene life, repelling promptly every thought of discontent, anxiety, discouragement, impurity, and self-seeking; cultivating cheerfulness, magnanimity, charity, and the habit of holy silence; exercising economy in expenditure, generosity in giving, carefulness in conversation, diligence in appointed service, fidelity to every trust, and a childlike faith in God.

In particular I will try to be faithful in those habits of prayer, work, study, physical exercise, eating, and sleep which I believe the Holy Spirit has shown me to be right.

And as I cannot in my own strength do this, nor even with a hope of success attempt it, I look to thee, O Lord God my Father, in Jesus my Savior, and ask for a gift of the Holy Spirit.
Yes, this. Amen.
♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment