Friday, October 15, 2010

Wacky Chocolate Cake Recipe


Many, many years ago I was introduced to a really yummy and easy to make cake. Years later I found the same cake in an Amish cookbook called a "Wacky Cake". This cake is such a great one and has served me well! Today I am baking this same cake for a funeral for a man in my church, and I thought I'd share the recipe with you. :)

Preheat oven to 350*.
You can mix everything up in the same pan you intend to bake the cake in (You don't have to grease the pan for this cake!), or use a separate mixing bowl, which is what I do.

* 3 Cups Flour
* 2 Cups Sugar
* 6 Tablespoons Cocoa
* 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
* 3/4 Cup Salad Oil
* 2 teaspoons Vanilla
* 2 Cups Water

Stir well and make it smooth. Bake for 35 minutes in a 9x13" cake pan.

Enjoy! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow...I have a vinegar chocolate cake that is almost exactly like this and soooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cake! I have the same recipe. I love that I can swirl it all up in the same pan. So moist and delish! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melody, I got my card and photo - thank you so much! It is a lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete