Friday, June 27, 2008

What a day!

Today was a good day. It was also a day that has worn me out. (This sounds reminiscent of Dickens "It was the best of days, it was the worst of days." No, it wasn't bad at all. Just tiring. In a good way.)

It went something like this: I woke up and took care of the animals (my son, the animal care taker is camping), weeded and watered the garden (all before 8 a.m., thank you very much!), sewed my 11 yod a pair of capris (that come to find out are too big and we'll have to put them up for next year and sew a smaller size for this year), took the kids to Young Living Farm's Lavender Days, weeded the flower garden, and mowed the lawn. I feel sooo worn out, but so great.



Young Living Farm's Lavender Days was fantastic, btw! The kids loved it! There was pony rides for younger kids, a rock climbing wall that had to be 20 feet high, an inflatable slide, wagon rides/tours around the farm, paddle boats, tours of the herbal distillery, goats and ponies to pet, human powered rides for all ages in the medieval section of the farm, live music, and lots of fun craft and food stands (complete with lavender lemonade and lavender ice cream!). Throughout the day there were classes covering many different topics.

Here are the parasols I bought for my dd and myself:



They are fabric with hand painted Japanese cherry blossoms and birds, the handle appears to be bamboo. The big one was only $6 and the small one $4. What a bargain!

I also bought my two boys a souvenir. For Michael I bought a sword:



It is made with PVC pipe with rounded caps on the bottom and top and covered in a foam material (the same material a lot of swimming toys are made of.)

And for Matt I bought a bow and arrows:



It is made with PVC pipe with rounded caps on the ends and the arrows are dowels with foam tips (the same kind of heavy duty foam as the sword.) Both were only $4 apiece!


We were only there for 3 hours (yes *only* three hours, there was much to do that we didn't have time for!), but they said that with our wristband, admission for Saturday was free! Maybe we'll go back! If I do, I hope to take my dh and stay for the professional jousting at 7:00 p.m.

If you ever have the opportunity to go, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment