Tuesday, June 10, 2008

There is Sunshine in My Soul Today

I'm sure by now you are all worried about my mental and emotional state. I am much better this week, thank you. The sun has come out and burned off all of the mist in the corners of my soul, and I am excited to resume planting in my garden.

I still need to plant my watermelon plants and green bean seeds. How I wish that I could have gotten those planted before all of that rain went away! But I tried, and that's what counts.

Amber is at girl's camp, and the rest of us are staying busy at home. Yesterday for family home evening we recycled! During the day I had been cleaning out a room filled with boxes left unpacked from 2 moves, and I discovered many clothes that my family has outgrown. So, we packed them up in bags and put them in the car to take to a second-hand store. We also cut open the cardboard boxes and put them in a recycle box too. Whew! Helping the environment is hard work, but well worth it.

I have started keeping a journal in a notebook that I use for church stuff. I have been writing in the notebook every Sunday during church. I also try to pay attention. Anyway, I have liked the reflection every week. I like to write down the little successes in addition to all of the goings on of the week. I found that it was an emotionally healing thing to do this past Sunday. I don't know about you, but sometimes in all of the day-to-day "stuff" that happens, I forget the little things that really make a difference in my life. By reflecting and writing about those things, it helps me to be grateful to the Lord and to my family and friends for all of the love, support, and help that they give to me. So I say Thank You to all of you for being there for me. :-)

I'm off. I need to visit the chiropractor today, plant the watermelon and green bean seeds, finish cleaning and organizing the room I started on yesterday; all of that in addition to straightening the house, doing the dishes, and cooking for, feeding, and raising my children.

I wish you all a soul brightening day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, and I thought I was busy!! I found you at Pioneer Woamn - I always have to visit a fellow Melody when I find one!!

    ReplyDelete