Friday, January 3, 2014

3 for 3::Keeping Resolutions::January 3

On New Year's Eve day I went to the health food store for a chocolate bar or three and got talking to a lady who works there about plans for New Year's Eve and New Year's resolutions. After we were nearly finished talking, she picked up her glass, which was full of a green liquid. She told me that she was drinking her green smoothie for the morning, and we started talking some more about what she puts in hers.

I've been quite curiuos about green smoothies since I've heard several of my friends talk about them, but I haven't gotten up the courage to try to make my own. Until New Year's Day, anyway. After talking to the lady at the health food store, I thought it sounded simple enough.

So, here I am, drinking my own green smoothie, for the third time, on the 3rd day of the New Year. I'm doing great! ;)


(behind my smoothie is my book list for the next little while.
I'm currently reading, The Shack, by Wm. Paul Young - my dad gave it to me for Christmas; he said it is one of his favorite books. I'm really enjoying it so far!
Steve gave me the next three for Christmas: The Successful Novelist, by David Morrell - he read it and loved it as much as On Writing, by Stephen King,
Innocence by Dean Koontz - one of my favorite authors! :),
and "A Taste of Home" magazine and gift subscription; my mom used to give me gift subscriptions, but I think I was too young to appreciate it back then - I'm very excited to start receiving them again!)

Here's what's in my blender today (makes about a quart)~

1 handful of spinach, rinsed well
1 apple, rinsed and cored
2 oranges, peeled
1 banana, peeled

So easy & quick! Only rinsing, peeling, coring, & blending involved :)

How are you coming along with your resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment