Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Mother's Day, told a few days late::May 15

My Mother's Day was packed full of good things!

Karen, Josh, & Aiden gave me their present on Saturday evening: A beautiful vase with the words: "HOME is where my MOM is" filled with Hershey's kisses (MY FAV!), given with the sweetest card filled with love notes that made my heart melt <3 Then, Josh played a game with some of us and Karen rocked Aiden to sleep. Karen and Aiden looked so sweet sitting there, both asleep, so I had to take a picture :)
Also on Saturday evening, Tino took me out to a delicious dinner at the place of my choice :) Steve, Amber & Emily joined us. He had wanted to do something for Mother's Day for me too, but had to work on Sunday, when Amber came down (Isn't he sweet?!). Amber came down on Sunday after dropping Tino off at work. She cleaned my kitchen and then made me a yummy breakfast of cinnamon pancakes topped with real whipped cream and strawberries. So good!! She also brought me a lot of goodies: A bouquet of cut flowers, a potted ivy plant to replace my plant that just died, and a plaque. Here is a pic of the flowers and plaque:
Jared gave me a cooling pad for my laptop, Emily, Jared, and Steve straightened up the house for me, Matt watched Aiden on Saturday, Steve made me a yummy supper on Sunday, and Michael gave me lots of hugs, kisses, and "I love you"s.

Emily also made me a cute handbag, sewing it herself:
I have a terrific family, and I'm so thankful for them going out of their way to make me feel loved! Thank you all! I love you all so much!!

This was the first Mother's Day without my mom, but even harder than that: it was her birthday the day before. It was very strange to not be able to call her up and tell her "Happy Birthday" and take her a gift and visit for a bit. I hope that she celebrated in heaven, and knows how much we love and miss her.

Today I finally get my Monday to tidy the house and put life back in order. Yesterday, Jared, Michael and I went all over the county trying to get his new moped/scooter, that he bought on Saturday, legal for him to drive. It still isn't ready, but it is closer than it was!! By next Tuesday he will be the proud *rider* of the bike, as well as the proud owner that he already is.

I hope that all of you nurturers, whether you have your own children or love and help with other people's children, had a wonderful Mother's Day. The world is better because of you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a lovely Mother's Day, Melody! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your blog! This was my first mothers day with the girls:) they made me lots of pictures and little projects at school and they took turns in doing little things around the house for me. I had the best weekend!

    ReplyDelete