Thursday, May 10, 2012

A New Lens!!::May 10

I got my new lens in the mail on Tuesday. I am so excited for it! So, I took pics of my easiest (read: around the most who doesn't mind their pic taken on the spot) photo subjects:
My favorite pic is of Beth, my black lab. I love how her head is in focus, her front legs just a teeny bit blurry and her back legs, along with the background, very blurry.

This is going to be my portrait lens, a 50 mm 1.8. It is an inexpensive lens, but everything that I've read says that, though it is not sturdy, it creates beautiful pictures and is every bit as good as a more expensive 50 mm lens. I figure where I'm not making much money for my photography yet, I can buy what I can afford now and upgrade later, since the quality of the portraits won't suffer a bit.

I have really wanted to tell you about my new lens and show you my pics for days now, but my computer is going so slow and has issues, so it isn't much fun to write on right now. Hopefully things can get better for it.

Anyway, I am looking forward to using this lens and taking lots and lots of portraits to get used to the lens' capibilities, and to use it to capture beautiful moments in my own family and branch out to create beautiful moments for friends too.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment