Thursday, October 27, 2011

My happy place

Lately there have been many stresses in my life, and I've found that photography is theraputic for me. When I am engaged in taking pictures: trying to get the composition just right, balancing the light to capture the mood, and trying to capture the magic that I'm feeling just at that moment, I simply cannot stress. I don't think of anything except getting the perfect shot. I'm so thankful that I bought my camera back in the early spring and took classes during the summer. It is lots cheaper than a good therapist. :)

Yesterday, when I went to the back door to check on Michael, and consequently the dogs, since they follow him wherever he goes, he was just coming back in from being outside. He had one hand on the screen door and one on the solid door and the solid door (painted white) was reflecting the southern light and bouncing it back on his face perfectly. I told him to hold still! and I dashed to get my camera. Though the picture's composition isn't perfect, the lighting is so good that I am going to try it again and again! And it has convinced me that I need to buy a collapsible reflector so that I can get great results everywhere, not just in the doorway of my south facing door. :)

Anyway, here is the pic:


I hope that your day is wonderful! And if you don't have direct sunshine, that you can borrow some reflected light :)

5 comments:

  1. Your photos are certainly reflecting your increased knowledge. They are fantastic. What a great picture of a great kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Trent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so blessed to have found your therapy! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GlowWorm: You are so right! It *is* truly a blessing! Thanks, love you too:)

    April: Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete