Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gratitude::Days 24 & 25::November 25

I think it's about time to change the header again. It seems like yesterday that we went to Pumpkinland and now it is time to put up the Christmas tree. Time flies when you're having fun, eh?

Why is it that time seems to pass quicker the older I get? I have myriads of projects that need to get done and great intentions of getting to them.... I just need to Do It!

A few more days have passed, so here are the gratitudes:

Day 24::So thankful for the good people in my little town. They make it a pleasure to live here.

Lately I've been thinking that it would be a wise idea to move closer to doctors, therapists, and the hospital. I've been thinking about it more and more, but especially since the transmission went out in the car. We are getting by with RideShare for Steve and the school bus for the kids. Mike and I like to just stay home anyway... but it is so expensive in gas to take the van anywhere that we have cancelled a few appointments so far, and there are more to come. 10 miles to the gallon when a gallon of gas is at least $3.70 a gallon is much to much. sigh. So I keep thinking that being across town from all of the places we need to go would be cheaper and easier...

I love our little town though. It fits my lifestyle of keeping small farm animals. My home, thought it has many, many projects to be done, is a cute little cottage style that I love. And the people here are great. It might take a stick of dynamite to get me out of here.....

Day 25::I am thankful for long walks in the evening w/ my Sweetie :)
We even saw our moon shadows tonight :) The darker it got, the cooler the scenery. The Christmas lights on some of the houses. Trees silhouetted in the nearly full moon. And the moon shadows were the frosting.

We don't always get away for our walk, though it calms the savage beast in me. Hiking in the foothills long enough and hard enough tires my body and unravels the bundle of nerves I become after a long day. It is much better than a long soak in the tub. I love talking over the things of the day or the ideas that we've had throughout the day. It seems to just make things right.

Tomorrow will start another work/school week. I always look forward to the routine that the weekdays provide, but then when I get it, I long for the weekend to get here. I need to learn to just be satisfied with where I am at any given moment.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment