Friday, March 4, 2011

Catching Up


My blog has been so neglected!

I was reading Pioneer Woman's advice on blogs, and one of the suggestions was to just blog... even when you don't feel like it... even when you haven't got anything to say.

On that point, I'm just not sure. I don't think you all would like to hear the echoes as I rattle around in the empty-of-anything-creative part of my brain, nor would you like to hear all of my worries in the overly-used-worrying part of my brain. You know the adage of: "If you can't say somethin' nice don't say nothin' at all". That is the rule I'm living by for now.

It sure makes my blog bare though!

I do have some news to share, just as soon as a I have a pic to go along with it. :)

Hmmm... oh, and Michael's doctor's appt at Shriner's Hospital is next Friday, so I'll have an update then.

Michael's seizures have started again, but this time only a couple of times a week instead of 3-4 a day like before the CT scan. Which makes me wonder *why* he would stop having his seizures after a CT scan?! I was kidding around with a friend and said that maybe the CT scan's energies just rebooted his brain... who knows?!

OHH! This is totally blogworthy!:

Did I ever mention to you that my oldest son, Josh, dropped out of high school in the 10th grade? Okay, I probably didn't, because who wants to talk about that, right? BUT, on Wednesday he finally got up enough courage to take the GED pretest and.... HE PASSED! WAHOO!

After taking the pretest and waiting for the results, he went up to the desk when the lady called his name and the first question that he asked her was, "So what did I fail?" (see the problem with this mindset?!) and the lady said that he hadn't failed anything at all, and that he could take the GED and pass!! She was shocked that he had dropped out and yet did so well. But, eh hem, I *was* his teacher you know. ;)

I'm so glad that things pass, and that the ebb and flow of life make everything work out eventually.

So now he is planning on taking the GED after brushing up on a few things, just to make his score higher and look better. I'm sooooo glad that he found his confidence and can now look the GED in the eye and not flinch.

As a side note, especially if Josh gets on here and reads this: Josh is brilliant. He is a fast learner and retains information for a long time. The only thing that he was lacking was confidence in himself. I am sooo thankful that he just bit the bullet and took the test. It was blocking him for 3 years, and now he'll be able to move on.

Which brings me to wonder: what is blocking *me*? What would I pass with flying colors, but I don't because I don't want to fail? Because I know that I have that same tendency that he had. Hmmm. I'll have to think on that for a while and maybe set some goals.

On another note, Steve & Karen's birthdays were in February, so we had a family dinner to celebrate them. I'm so glad that they are both in my life and part of my family!

After thinking about my blog today, I realize that in addition to "just blogging", I also need to give the blog a makeover. I need to take down the pic of snow (though I LOVE that picture of Emily and Matt!) since it is ALMOST SPRING! I am seeing green shoots coming out of the ground and I can't help but smile about it!!

I hope that you find lots to smile about today too! :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Josh! I know when Emily took the GED, it was such a weight off her shoulders and a boost to her self esteem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'm just so excited that he finally did it and found out that he really *is* smart & it isn't just that his family is biased! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo for blog updates! and YAHOO for Josh:) He is such a great guy!:)

    ReplyDelete