Thursday, November 18, 2010
At the Old Farmers Almanac I found a recipe that sounds really yummy and thought I would share it here with you:
Yield: Makes 3 to 4 cups.
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 2/3 cup red-wine vinegar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
* 1 teaspoon ground pepper
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice, coriander, cloves, and nutmeg
* 1 bay leaf
* 3 cups cranberries, washed and picked over
* 2 pears, peeled, cored, and diced
Heat oil and saute the onion, then add vinegar, sugar, spices, and herbs. Simmer until syrupy, about 20 minutes. Add cranberries and pears and simmer another 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
If you make it let me know what you think!
Tonight we are headed to my mom's nursing home's Thanksgiving Dinner. Yum!!