Friday, December 1, 2017

My Confirmation Day - November 2015

Three years ago (Sept 2014) I found a home at St. Mary's Episcopal Church. It was a soft landing after my heartbreak and faith crisis that had happened during the summer.

About 1 year later (All Saints' Day 2015) I was Confirmed. This is a pic of me and my loved ones who came and supported me at my Confirmation. (I'm going through old pictures today and found this one. When I looked at my blog, I realized that I'd never done a post about my Confirmation. Better late than never!)



Several people that I had invited were sad and/or uncomfortable that I'd left my previous faith tradition, so they didn't attend.

These people are the ones who held me up as I was crumbling back then. I very much appreciate and love them! ♥

Some who meant to be there, but couldn't be:
Josh, Hayley, and Mercedes had attended my Confirmation, but had to leave b/c Mercedes wasn't feeling well. Miah and Teryn couldn't come b/c they were visiting their dad.
Also, Matt stayed home w/ Mike who'd had a seizure earlier in the day and wasn't feeling well.

Rio & Amber, Grover & Karen, Ben & Aiden, Ashton, Steve, Jessica & Ruth, Kimberly, Kristina, Marci, and Sherry were able to get a photo with me in front of those bright red doors. Those doors represented to me that everyone is welcome inside. How I love those red doors!

♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment