Friday, September 6, 2019

5 years at St Mary's Church

Yesterday marks the day of my 5 year anniversary at St Mary's Church.
5 years before, on a Friday, I went to Al Anon in the library St Mary's Church.
I was intrigued by the red front doors and the stained glass windows, and I really wanted to see the stained glass from inside the church proper, but the doors were locked that day. I resolved to go to church that Sunday and see them from the inside, and I did. I also did research on what the red doors symbolized (old time sanctuary) and what The Episcopal Church's doctrine was - it was the inclusive church I was looking for, and I've been there every since.
It is interesting to me that St Mary's Church has been in that same spot since 1907, but until that day I never realized that it existed, though it is only 6 blocks (on the same road, no less!) from the house I grew up in from 13 years old on. I must have driven by it hundreds of times!
Who would've thought when I showed up hurt and wounded from addiction and loss of my religion that day in 2014 that 5 years later I would be starting an EfM group as the mentor, using that same room in the library.
♥ Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment