Saturday, December 25, 2021

Presbyterian ruling elders & ordination

I am also preparing to be ordained and installed as a ruling elder at church, since I was recently elected to session. I am reading "Presbyterian Polity for Church Leaders" to prepare. (Yes, it does feel like a ginormous responsibility that is much bigger than I am prepared for. I am trusting in God that this is what He/She wants me to do and will guide me as long as I listen. May God bless me to always listen.)  

I found an article that I really like, so I am tucking it away in case I'd like to reread it.

Here is my favorite line in the article:
"To be ordained is to become a “rower” in the church’s boat, listening to the word of the coxswain, Jesus Christ, as he gives direction and marks the tempo for the way forward."

https://pres-outlook.org/2015/08/why-ordain-ruling-elders/

A picture of Ron, April, Kathleen, Pastor Bobbie, and me as April and I were ordained:


No comments:

Post a Comment