Friday, November 13, 2009

Seeing the world through rose colored glasses. And purple. And blue. And...


Please don't mention housework. Especially not laundry or dishes. Because I'd feel really guilty about sitting on my bahookie playing around with pics if you do. I'd love some warm, homemade brownies... and the only thing standing between me and those extra five pounds is this stupid pain in the neck. No really, a pain in the neck. Really, a pain in my neck, not some euphemism.

I've already done one blog post today, so if you've missed it, be sure to back track so that you can get those recipes and see the real life Hobbit House, okay?

Okay, so anyway, here I've sat playing with colors for the past hour or so. The first pics are about a lone leaf on my tree just outside my window. I've loved watching that tree all fall: its brilliant golden leaves framed in the bluest of blue skies. Until two days ago, when all of her leaves are gone but just a handful.

The leaf that has intrigued me most is the one that's way out on the limb. One sole leaf, framed in darkened skies, waving on the limb through all of the gusts that stripped his brothers and sisters away. He is "Tenacious". (it is the same pic all 4 times, just with the color played with. the first pic is the original straight-out-of-the-camera shot.)

1)

2)

3)

4)


This morning it happened to snow. As I looked across the valley I noticed clouds covering the foothills of the mountain, leaving the peaks looking fairytale-like. All that was missing was the castle atop. All of these enlarge if you click on them.



















I think I'm going to go make those brownies now. My children and my tastebuds will thank me. Then I'll bribe the kids to do the dishes. And maybe I'll throw in a load of laundry for good measure.

(P.S. I'm curious which one of the four leaf shots you like best. When you comment, will you just tell which one you liked best? Thanks!)

2 comments:

  1. Shows what I know.
    I thought you were in the south somewhere!! Since your neck of the woods looks something like mine, I'm assuming you're closer to me. :)

    The last leaf... the yellowish one... that one looked like storm, to me.

    So pretty.
    And fun!

    ReplyDelete